Helplines To Help People In Punjab
It is the duty of every government to help its people and protect their rights in a democracy. Punjab government has always made the convenience and rights of its citizens a priority. To serve them fully, the state has initiated a series of helplines. This is a go-to zone where citizens can report their grievances to the government and / or its respective departments and expect speedy redressal.
This responsive initiative by the government secures citizen’s faith and trust. At this time, many functional helplines are working effectively in Punjab. Let us explore such helpline services and their functioning for the betterment of Punjab’s citizens.
- 181 Police Helpline – 181 helpline is conceived to support and help the women in distress. This one-stop call assures women with speedy relief in emergency conditions like eve-teasing, stalking, violence, emergency medical treatment. The service is the ‘need of the hour’ to empower its women folk with government support. 181 helpline in Punjab has been instrumental in generating positive response among women. This can be judged from a simple fact that they are using this service to gain counselling on problems. At times, they call the helpline, share their problems and find a perfect resolution to their stress. In all, this great service has built a positive response among Punjab’s women.
- NRI Helpline – NRI’s form a great part of Punjab. There are thousands of Punjabi NRI’s who are bringing laurels to the state with their achievements and success. The state acknowledges the role played by the NRI’s in its development and has therefore initiated a special 24×7 hr helpline – 0091-172-2298543 to facilitate their issues easily. The purpose of the helpline is to expedite the queries and grievances by the NRI’s pertaining to land disputes, money fraud or cheating.
- Water Supply and Sanitation–Punjab is the land of immense water resources. To help the citizens report and resolve water supply issues, the state government has rolled out India’s first-of-its-kind toll free helpline. Calling on the helpline number 1800-180-2468 will not just expedite the water supply and sanitation services , but will also help its citizens keep a check on government services. Till date, the helpline has drawn good response and the state is enthusiastic about its performance in the coming years.
- 1912 Powercom– The state electricity board, Powercom has launched a helpline to support the citizens and ensure to expedite response on their power complaints. This IVRS helpline assures power / electricity consumers in the state.
- Excise Helpline – To make excise and taxation procedures easy for a thriving business in Punjab, the state’s Excise and Taxation Department has launched a toll free helpline – 18002582580. The helpdesk functions from 9AM to 6PM and ensures adequate redressal to the taxation escalations. Here, the citizens can ask about the legalities behind taxation structures like VAT, CST, Excise, Entry Tax and Luxury Tax and gain insights to manage their business decisions in Punjab.
The helpline numbers have been initiated to empower the citizens and ensure an effective 2-way communication channel with the governing authority.